Powermax plasma cutting and gouging systems
The Powermax® family of products consists of seven highly portable, professional grade air plasma systems. Built to withstand heavy duty use in demanding industrial environments, the systems are an ideal choice for hand or automated cutting and gouging of any electrically conductive metal; depending on system size, they offer a severance cut capacity from 16 mm (5/8") at 30 A to 57 mm (2-1/4") at 125 A.
Features and benefits
Cut metal quickly and cleanly
Plasma is created when gas is ionized by electrical energy. In Powermax systems, its intense heat (up to 22,000° C) is used to melt metal. Compressed air or nitrogen blows the molten metal away, leaving a clean edge that’s ready to weld in most cases.
Cut or gouge any electrically conductive metal
Whether in a shop, factory, at home, or in the field, Powermax systems cut and gouge all metal types and forms. Most Powermax models are available with a handheld or machine torch exactly tailored to your application.
- Best performance in its class
- State-of-the-art consumable technology delivers faster speeds and better cut quality to help you get more done in less time.
- High portability, simple controls and a stable plasma arc make Powermax systems easy to operate, even for beginners.
- Long consumable life and fast cut speeds lower your cutting and gouging costs.
Powermax system requirements:
- AC power source (fixed or generator)
- Compressed air – shop air, portable air compressor, or bottled air (nitrogen is often used for stainless steel) – no explosive oxyfuel (excluding Powermax30 AIR system)
- Safety equipment – including shaded glasses or face shield, gloves, protective clothing
- Proper ventilation
Typical uses and applications
View the many different Powermax® system applications including gouging, marking, fine feature cutting, and use of the long torch.
Powermax125 system being used for ship repair
Powermax line of products
The Powermax line of products consists of seven highly portable air plasma systems for hand or automated cutting and gouging
Powermax uses and applications
Learn more with our online course through Hypertherm Cutting Institute