Last Updated: November 2011
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- This Policy may change as our business evolves, so check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your personal information will be treated.
- This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to us, or that we may obtain, other than through the Hypertherm Sites.
What information is collected on the Hypertherm sites?
We collect two general types of information from users of the Hypertherm Sites: (1) personal information that identifies or can be used to identify or contact an individual and (2) non-personal information concerning the use of the Hypertherm Sites.
We collect personal information such as names, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, fax numbers, mailing addresses, payment card information, and demographic information in a variety of ways. For example, we collect such information when you contact us through the Hypertherm Sites, register for an account with us, sign up for our newsletters, complete a transaction on the Hypertherm Sites, or contribute to a chat room, bulletin board, list serve, blog, wiki or other social forum that we may make available on the Hypertherm Sites.
As is the case with many web sites, our servers automatically collect your IP address and associated domain name when you visit the Hypertherm Sites. We and/or our service providers may also capture certain "clickstream data" pertaining to your use of the Hypertherm Sites. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your Web browser and operating system, the referring page that linked you to a Hypertherm Site, the pages or ads you see or click on during your visit, when and for how long you visit a Hypertherm Site, the next Web site you visit when you leave a Hypertherm Site, and any search terms you have entered on a Hypertherm Site or a referral site.
In addition, we and our third party partners acting on our behalf may deploy cookies, local shared objects, pixel tags, and other tracking technologies on the Hypertherm Sites to collect additional information about your visits. As an example, we use the Google Analytics™ web analytics tool to help us analyze how visitors engage with the Hypertherm Sites. Google's privacy policies regarding Google Analytics can be found here.
- Local shared objects. Local shared objects, such as "Flash cookies," may be stored on your hard drive using HTML5, a media player, or certain software installed on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your device, you may be able to manage them using your browser or software settings. For information on managing Flash cookies, click here.
- Pixel tags. A pixel tag (also known as a "clear GIF" or "web beacon") is a tiny image – typically just one-pixel – that can be placed on a Web page or in our electronic communications to you in order to help us measure the effectiveness of our content by, for example, counting the number of individuals who visit us online. Pixel tags may enable us to relate your viewing or receipt of a Web page or message to other information about you, including your Personal Information.
By using the Hypertherm sites, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies. If you have any questions about them, please contact us using the information provided below.
How is my information used?
We or one of our trusted partners acting on our behalf may use the information we collect from and about you to:
- process and fulfill your transactions
- administer and improve the Hypertherm Sites and your account with us
- respond to your requests, questions, and concerns
- develop new features and offerings on the Hypertherm Sites
- customize the content you see on the Hypertherm Sites
- send you marketing communications, including information about products, services, and events that we think might interest you
- protect our rights and property and to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
We or our partners acting on our behalf may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Hypertherm Sites, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
Do we share personal and non-personal information with others?
Yes. We may share the information we collect on the Hypertherm Sites with third parties for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf) and sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Hypertherm Sites with other users, we may share your information:
- when we, our affiliates, or our service providers believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights and interests of any individual or entity, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request
- in connection with a corporate change including a merger, acquisition, change of control, reorganization, sale of assets, bankruptcy, dissolution, or liquidation
- with any third party when we have your consent to do so
In addition, we may share aggregate site usage information and other Non-Personal Information that does not identify individual users with our marketing partners, affiliates, and other third parties.
Your access rights
The accuracy of your Personal Information is important to us. We will provide you with access to your Xnet profile for the purpose of verifying and correcting your profile records. To access your Xnet profile, or request access to the Personal Information we may hold about you, you can contact our Customer support team. If you send a request, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information.
You have the right to tell us not to send certain communications to you. If you do not want to receive promotional communications from us, make sure you tick the appropriate box when you submit such information on the Hypertherm sites. If at any time you change your mind about receiving promotional messages from us, you can elect to stop receiving them by clicking on an opt-out link in any such message you receive or let us know using the information provided in the "Contact Us" section, below. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process your opt-out requests and that, even if you opt out of receiving our promotional communications, we may still contact you in connection with your relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of personal information collected via the Hypertherm Sites, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you contact us by e-mail or a "contact us" or similar feature on the Hypertherm sites, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view information you send by these methods in transit.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please contact our customer support team.
Consent to processing
Hypertherm has operations in a number of countries worldwide. Consequently, we may from time to time transfer your information to servers and/or databases in another country. If you are visiting the Hypertherm Sites from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States, the data protection and other laws of which may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By providing Personal Information on the Hypertherm Sites, you consent to the collection, maintenance, processing and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories.
"Linked-to" web sites
The Hypertherm sites may contain links, banners, widgets or advertisements that lead to other web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this policy) will govern the collection and use of your information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every web site visited after leaving the Hypertherm Sites to learn about how your information is treated by others.
Changes to this policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Policy on this page with a new "Last Updated" date. In some cases (for example, when we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may obtain your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact our Customer support team.