Plasma Cutting Technology: Theory and Practice
Plasma Cutting Technology: Theory and Practice™ is the only commercially available training material specifically for plasma cutting and gouging. It is designed for welding instructors at both the high school and college level, union and military trainers, in-house training departments, welding and cutting distributors who want to offer value-added customer training, and advisors to student organizations such as Future Farmers of America and SkillsUSA.
Developed in partnership with experienced welding instructors and approved by the AWS SENSE program, this up to 10-hour course contains everything educators and trainers need to teach students how to cut with plasma. A mix of traditional lecture and hands-on exercises make it easy for welding instructors to reach students with a range of learning styles.
Using this step-by-step approach to plasma cutting education ensures consistency in training and student outcomes.
Students who complete the course will be able to:
- Describe what plasma is and how it cuts metal
- Identify common industrial uses for plasma systems
- Articulate the differences among various thermal cutting methods
- Be able to properly set up and operate a plasma system
- Correctly install and use plasma consumables
- Demonstrate proper plasma safety procedures
- Evaluate cut quality
- Execute a variety of cuts and gouges
The curriculum includes:
- 132 page Facilitator’s Guide
- 85 page Student Workbook
- 3 mock torches
- Consumable kit for use during consumable building activities
- 3 consumable wires for hands-on learning
- Resource CD which holds all teaching materials, including six theory lessons, teacher and student guides, operator manual, and additional reading material
- e-Learning CD with 30 minute e-Learning module and additional reading material
- Powermax65/85® Operator Manual used for reference throughout theory and application lessons
Suggested U.S. list price $499.00 - Get yours now for free!
Special education-only discounts available on combination system and curriculum purchase through an authorized distributor.
Proper training on the latest cutting technologies is critical for today's students, who need to know more than just oxyfuel cutting. Plasma Cutting Technology: Theory and Practice is available exclusively through Hypertherm-authorized gas and welding distributors.