Hypertherm authorized distributors offer a flat discount for Powermax® system and retrofit torch sales to educational institutions, with an added discount when a trade-in accompanies the sale. Discount amounts vary based on distributor location and system/torch being purchased. Please check with your authorized Hypertherm distributor for actual pricing.
- To qualify for an educational discount, the purchase must be for a Powermax30 XP, 30 AIR, 45 XP, 65, 85, 105 or 125.
- School types may include public schools, vocational schools, private schools, community colleges, technical college/university, union training facility, and maker spaces (that are 501c3).
- Homeschool programs can also qualify for the educational discount. To qualify, families can provide an explanation of their intent for the plasma system and a copy of one of the following documents:
- State notice of intent to homeschool
- State application to homeschool
- A letter from the local school district or state confirming homeschool status
- Letterhead from the umbrella school
- Identification card from homeschooling support group
To find out if you qualify, check with your local authorized Hypertherm distributor or contact us to request information. You may also use this form to find out if discounts are available on other Hypertherm product lines.
Note: Competitive systems claimed as trade-in must be destroyed. Hypertherm systems may be used for resale, rental or parts.