EDGE Connect CNC system
EDGE® Connect, Hypertherm’s Computer Numeric Control (CNC) platform, delivers unmatched reliability, powerful embedded capabilities, and a high level of customizability. Based on our proprietary, industry-leading Phoenix® CNC platform, the system offers new, advanced software features – including ProNest® CNC automatic nesting delivering SureCut™ technology – along with enhanced hardware.
For easy set up, changes, and upgrades, EDGE Connect CNCs can be configured in the field with software specific to the cutting machine application. The easy-to-use system combines advanced cutting performance with an intuitive graphical interface, and supports plasma, oxyfuel, and waterjet applications.
- With Patented CutPro® Wizard, even new operators can be cutting production parts in less than five minutes
- On-screen Software Operator’s Console (Soft OpCon) allows easy setup and operation of cutting station and manual motion
- Integrated communications with plasma and torch height control systems deliver automated and expert control using installed factory or custom cut charts
- Custom cut charts can be created and controlled in the part program or made available to the CutPro Wizard
- EDGE Connect runs on the Windows® 10 Enterprise operating system
ProNest® CNC nesting
- Easy-to-use touch screen interface, machine operators can create nested part programs and obtain optimal cut quality without extensive training.
- Directly imports DXF, DWG, CAM, DGN, and CNC simple shapes.
- Embedded SureCut™ technology maximizes performance through embedded expertise. Patented True Hole® technology with process verification ensures all operator variables are properly set.
- Pattern Array Nesting for a single part with process optimization included.
- True Shape Nesting module for multiple parts (included when using EDGE Connect and ProNest on the same internal network; available as a paid option for users without Pronest or an internal network connection).
- Designed to accommodate a broad range of applications, such as plasma (including cutting, marking, bevel, pipe/tube), oxyfuel (including bevel), and waterjet
- Available in 2 hardware configurations to best align with cutting machine manufacturer needs
- Optional Sensor™ plasma torch height control mechanics (Sensor THC)
- Basic and advanced process control for plasma, oxyfuel, and waterjet
- Integrated Sensor THC and bevel
- ProNest CNC True Shape Nesting
- PLC Connect™ (Programmable Logic Controller)
- PLC Connect is embedded in the CNC for additional capabilities tied to I/O signals, position, cutting state, and error conditions; IEC61131 compliant
- OEM customization of the on-screen software operator’s console for control of unique system tools and features though use of a C# Application Program Interface (API)
Quick, easy installation
- Requires only a single EtherCAT® cable for all motion and I/O signals from the CNC, dramatically simplifying system wiring and reducing installation time
- Communication to Hypertherm’s HyPerformance® plasma systems is accomplished through EtherCAT connectivity directly to the cutting system.
||The smallest of the CNC configurations, the EDGE Connect offers the greatest flexibility for machine integration. Cutting machine OEMs provide the touch screen and any operator switches.|
|EDGE Connect TC
||Integrates the EDGE Connect CNC into an industrial enclosure with a 495 mm (19.5") touchscreen. A hardware operator’s console with switches for start, stop, program and manual speed control, raise/lower torch and joystick is included for easy operation.|