Waterjet is the ideal process for a lot of jobs. It can cut nearly any material no matter the thickness and provides excellent cut quality with no heat affected zone. This makes waterjet a great choice for businesses needing to cut material like rubber, stone, and even metal.
Here are some examples of when you will want to choose waterjet:
- A heat affected zone is not acceptable
- A secondary process is undesirable
- Material type is highly variable (e.g. job shops)
- The application requires tight tolerances (+/- 0.005 in. or 0.013 cm)
- The applications requires fine feature cutting
- Materials are thick (greater than 3 in. or 7.6 cm)