The Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) collects information about how you use your nesting software, without interrupting you. This helps Hypertherm identify which ProNest® features to improve. No information collected is used to identify or contact you.
How does it work?
As a participant, you simply keep using ProNest as you normally would. When you close your nesting software, information about your session is collected in a temporary file and transmitted to us via Internet. This happens in the background and only takes a few seconds.
Internet connectivity is required to participate. If you connect through a proxy server, you will probably not be able to take part.
What type of information is collected?
Information collected from program participants only includes nonspecific information about how the software is being used. Information collected covers the following:
- General information about your operating system
- Regional information including ProNest display language and your system locale
- Job duration and status
- Automatic nesting (settings, duration, total parts nested, etc.)
- Shapes and dimensions of parts in the part list
- Plate type and dimensions
- Menu items and mouse clicks in the main nesting window, Edit Part List and Edit Plate List windows
- Manual nesting usage such as bumping, nudging, and rotating parts
- Materials used
- Plate utilization statistics
Will any of my personal information be transmitted?
We respect your privacy - no personal or identifying information is collected when you participate in the CEIP program. We don't use your IP address, user name, company name, or anything else that could identify you.
How do I opt out of the program?
Participation in the improvement program is completely voluntary. You can opt out at any time by opening ProNest, going to File menu > Preferences, then clicking Privacy in the left pane and selecting No.
We appreciate your help in assisting us with software development. The ultimate goal of this program is to get a better understanding of how you use the software in order to create a better product. Thank you for your participation.