XPR plasma cutting systems
The next generation XPR™ plasma cutting systems represent the most significant advance in mechanized plasma cutting technology. Offering unmatched X-Definition® cut quality on mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum, the XPR increases cut speed, dramatically improves productivity and slashes operating costs.
- Pipe and tube cutting
- Robotic cutting
- XY cutting
- Straight cutting
- Bevel cutting
- Hole cutting
- Fine feature cutting
Features and benefits:
Industry-leading cut quality – X-Definition
X-Definition® technology significantly enhances cut quality on mild steel and expands the application of Hypertherm’s pioneering HyDefinition® process to a broad range of non-ferrous applications.
- Improves cut quality and consistency on mild steel
- Ensures superior stainless steel cut quality across all thickness ranges
- Extends Hypertherm’s HyDefinition® process to deliver cleaner, sharper, more consistent edge quality on stainless steel and aluminum
Optimized productivity, lower operating costs
Building on Hypertherm’s industry-leading productivity technologies, XPR is engineered to give you maximum cutting efficiency and reduced operating costs.
- Dramatic improvement in consumable life on mild steel applications
- Thicker piercing capability than competitive plasma systems
- Significantly lower operating costs than previous generation technology
- High quality argon marking using the same cutting consumables
Sets a new standard for efficiency and ease of use
New ease-of-use features and engineered system optimization make XPR easier to run with minimal operator intervention, while ensuring optimal performance and rock-solid reliability.
- Fewer consoles and connections reduce components and complexity
- EasyConnect™, tool-less connection to the TorchConnect™ console simplifies setup and replacement
- Advanced autogas capability lets you select and drive all cutting processes directly from the CNC
- Patent pending QuickLock™ electrode delivers easy 1/4-turn tightening, reducing job setup time
- Built-in WiFi lets you select cutting processes and monitor multiple systems from most mobile devices and laptops
Engineered system optimization
The XPR system’s advanced power supply technology, called Arc response technology™, provides highly responsive, rapid system feedback and automatically intervenes to eliminate events that negatively impact system efficiency and consumable life
- Automatic torch protection
The chopper module senses the onset of catastrophic electrode blowout failure and shuts down the system, protecting the torch from potential damage and enabling improved consumable optimization.
- Automatic ramp-down error protection
The chopper module senses when a cut is about to end in an uncontrolled manner – without proper ramp down of current and gas flow. It automatically initiates a rapid ramp-down sequence protecting the electrode, dramatically extending consumable life – over 3 times that of competitor systems.
Annoucing the new XPR300 plasma system
CEO, Evan Smith, announces the XPR300™ product launch.