The XPR™ plasma family represents the most significant advancement in mechanized plasma cutting technology, ever. X-Definition® technology significantly enhances the capability of Hypertherm’s HyDefinition® and HyPerformance® (HPR) processes to deliver significant gains in cut quality on mild steel and expand the cutting outcomes on a broad range of stainless steel and aluminum applications.
Benefits of XPR plasma cutting systems
Industry-leading cut quality – X-Definition
- Improves cut quality and consistency (cut angularity) through the life of the consumables
- Delivers superior stainless steel and aluminum cut quality across the thickness ranges providing cleaner, sharper, and more consistent edge quality
Optimized productivity, lower operating costs
- Dramatic improvement in consumable life on mild steel applications
- Fast cutting speeds and consistent high-quality outcomes reduce labor required to process cutting with XPR
- High quality argon marking uses the same cutting consumables
Engineered system optimization
XPR advanced arc response technology automatically intervenes to certain events that can lead to decreased consumable life or possible torch damage.
- Automatic torch protection prevents catastrophic torch failures caused by overusing the electrode.
- Automatic ramp-down error protects the electrode’s life by automatically apply a controlled stop of the plasma process when the arc is over-stretched.
Meet the new plasma. Hypertherm’s new XPR300 is the biggest advance in plasma cutting technology ever. Better cut quality, improved ...
Gas console options for XPR
Type of metals being cut and expected quality outcomes will determine what gas console better fits your needs.
The core console is designed for customers that cut mostly mild steel. The core console offers full X-Definition capability on mild steel and entry-level capability on stainless steel and aluminum through the use of nitrogen as its plasma gas. The Core is capable of marking with nitrogen plasma gas on all materials.
Vented Water Injection™ (VWI)
The VWI console is designed for customers whose volume is predominantly mild steel but who require improved capability for cutting stainless steel and aluminum, thicker piercing capability, or high-quality marking. The VWI console offers all the benefits of the Core console plus:
- Patent pending VWI processes which utilize a water-injection shield yielding excellent cutting outcomes on stainless steel and aluminum
- F5 fuel gas capability delivering superior results on thinner stainless steel compared to nitrogen cutting
- Argon gas capability offers exceptional marking results and increased pierce thickness capacity when using argon-assist cut processes
The Optimix console is designed for customers that cut a high volume of stainless steel and aluminum and who require the highest cutting outcomes for these applications. The Optimix console offers all the benefits of the VWI console plus the ability to mix up to three discrete gases:
- Reduces the cost of purchasing pre-mixed fuel gasses like H35
- Offers the flexibility to adjust gas mixtures to optimize stainless steel and aluminum cutting outcomes
XPR system differences
Maximize performance through embedded expertise with SureCut technology