Apply for grants
Hypertherm’s philanthropic mission is to engage in activities that strengthen and create sustainable, positive change in the community and environment, and to partner with like-minded organizations. As part of this mission, we offer financial support, in the form of grants, to qualified nonprofits.
HOPE Foundation grant decisions are made by the HOPE team comprised of Hypertherm Associates from all areas of the company. The team meets quarterly to review grant requests, and normally communicates all decisions within four months of receiving the application. If approved, you can expect to receive funds within two months of notification. Please plan your request accordingly based on your needs and our review cycle.
Donation decisions are based on the following guidelines:
- Organizations must have nonprofit tax exempt status under IRS code 501(c) 3
- Grant requests should align with our philanthropic mission and core value of respect for all people
- Hypertherm does not support donations to individuals nor does it support organizations with a direct political or religious focus
- Grant seekers are expected to be inclusive and non-discriminatory in their practices, policies and programs
- In keeping with our own environmental initiatives, green grants are available to our nonprofit partners to reduce their own environmental impacts
Learn more about Green Grants
How to fill out a grant request
Our grant management software requires a login ID and password. This software will allow you to save your application as you go along, track the status of your grant, and review your grant request history once it is loaded.
- If your grant request is for $500 or less, please use the Good Neighbor application. You will be required to upload a completed W-9. Please use this link to download a blank form if needed: W-9 form. Good Neighbor grants will be reviewed the month following the submission of the grant.
- If your request is greater than $500, please use the HOPE Foundation Full Grant application.Full application grants are reviewed in March, June, September and December. Please submit your grant by February, May, August or November of the quarter you need to have your grant reviewed. We strive to review your grant in a timely manner and may have follow up questions. Therefore we need to adhere to a strict review schedule and will not be able to accommodate last minute requests.
- If your request is approved, please be prepared to submit your measurable outcomes (activities, progress, challenges, and learnings) within the time frame documented in the form. See examples below.
|Example measurable outcomes|
For a senior center
For a performing arts center
For a food pantry
For a camp scholarship program