Hypertherm Associates enjoy many shared rewards – not all of them financial.
Hypertherm understands there is more to life than work! We believe that it is important to have a healthy balance between your work and your life. Our shared rewards are a vital part of who we are, and are chosen to help keep you healthy in all aspects – financially, physically and mentally.
We are constantly searching for new ways to improve the health and happiness of our Associates around the globe. Here are just a few of our shared rewards; we invite you to explore further on the corresponding pages:
Like many companies, Hypertherm donates money and products. But we also go a step further by donating our time. As an Associate, you’ll receive paid community service time each year to give back to your local community. It’s a win/win for everyone; you’ll feel good giving back to the community, and the nonprofit of your choice receives a welcome helping hand!
Stay healthy; be active
Join with other Associates in sport teams such as basketball, skiing, soccer, hockey, running, and cycling. The possibilities are endless, and most likely you’ll be able to find fellow Associates who also enjoy your favorite activity!
Associate ownership at Hypertherm evolved from “doing the right thing.”
Hypertherm was founded in 1968 by Richard Couch, Jr., as a privately held company, mostly owned by the Couch family. In 2001, when Couch introduced the Hypertherm Associate Stock Ownership Plan, HSOP (a qualified ESOP), it was more than a strategy to fuel continuing growth; it evolved from “doing the right thing”. In 2004, the Global Stock Value Plan (GSVP) was established to extend ownership to Hypertherm’s international Associates.
Associate ownership at Hypertherm
- Creates an opportunity for all Associates to share in the wealth they help create
- Ensures a high correlation between greater Associate participation in process improvements and increased productivity towards the financial success of the company
- Helps Associates better understand the relationship between personal performance and company results
- Involves Associates in the business as “players,” not just spectators
As of January 2014, Hypertherm is 100% Associate-Owned. In essence, the HSOP is a form of retirement savings plan. Participants are vested after working three years of at least 1,000 hours. The longer an Associate remains a participant of the HSOP, the more their account balances can grow. Hypertherm donates company stock to eligible participants each year, based on each Associate’s compensation, which includes base pay, overtime and profit sharing.
Hypertherm offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes employee ownership.
Hypertherm Associates in the United States can participate in the following options:
Health and insurance
- Medical plan
- Pharmacy program
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending account
- Vision plan
- Dental program
- Life insurance
- Legal assistance
- Voluntary pet health insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Accident insurance
Financial / retirement
- Profit Sharing Program
- Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP)
- Retirement Savings Plans - 401K and Roth IRA
Work / life benefits
- Stable organization with a no layoff philosophy
- Associate assistance program
- Associate advocate assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Earned time off (ETO)
- Community service time
- Adoption assistance program
- Parental leave program
- Commuting benefits
- Gym facilities open 24/7 with free fitness classes (New Hampshire)
- In-house cafeterias (New Hampshire)
- Organic garden (New Hampshire)
If you are located in a region other than the United States, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about our global benefits specific to your country.