News and awards
While our business mission is focused on providing customers with the best industrial cutting solutions available, our heart belongs to the community and environment. Enriching the world around us is central to what we do, and we are honored by the recognition our corporate social responsibility efforts have received from organizations throughout the world.
- 2017 Environmental Merit Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for making significant contributions toward preserving and protecting our natural resources, and ensuring New England remains a vibrant community with clean air, land, and water.
- Cornerstone Hall of Fame Award from the New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility (NHBSR). Hypertherm and Casella received the Partnerships for Innovation Award for our work and innovation around industrial recycling and waste reduction.
- “Waste Wise Partner” status from the EPA
- 2016 World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute for having a material impact on the way business is conducted by fostering a culture of ethics and transparency at every level of the company
- EPA Green Power Leader Award in recognition of its commitment to using green energy and its support of green power usage in the community at large
- Spirit of New Hampshire Pillar Award for demonstrating extraordinary volunteerism and contribution to the community.
- 2015 Business Leadership Award from Dartmouth Hitchcock’s Partners for Community Wellness for making the health and wellness of our employees, customers, and communities a priority
- 2015 Communitas Award for leadership in community service and corporate social responsibility
- 2015 World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute for having a material impact on the way business is conducted by fostering a culture of ethics and transparency at every level of the company
- Best Large Company to Work For in New Hampshire from New Hampshire Magazine
- Manufacturer of the Year for exceptional recycling and waste management programs from Northeast Resource Recovery Association
- Workplace Commuter Challenge Award in the Macro sized category from go Vermont
- NH Business Committee for the Arts Award for support of the Arts in the state of NH from NH Business Committee for the Arts
- Certified Wildlife Habitat for the establishment and maintenance of an official wildlife habitat from National Wildlife Federation
- Volunteer Champion Award for the structure and support we have given to volunteerism and to the betterment of life in New Hampshire from Volunteer New Hampshire
- Workplace of the Year Award for promoting sustainable transportation options and serving as a model for the community from Upper Valley Transportation Management Association
- Green Business of the Year Award for leadership in environmental stewardship in business from Sustainable Hanover
- Spirit of New Hampshire Award in the Volunteer Program Champion category
- Trowbridge Award for Excellence in Community Service from National Association of Manufacturers
- Corporate Spirit of Service Award for commitment to volunteer service from the Corporation for National and Community Service