Electrode holder mounting nut instructions
These instructions are part of the installation of the Centricut® quick–change torch for ESAB® systems. They detail proper installation of the electrode holder mounting nut. The mounting nut is a key feature on the torch that allows customers the flexibility to use either PT-36 or PT-600 consumables in one torch head.
Installed mounting nut
- Lubricate all visible o-rings on torch head and mounting nut before initial installation.
- Inspect the mounting nut and back end of the torch head:
- The wider end of the mounting nut has a square shape
- The insert in the center of the back of the torch head has the same shape as the wide end of the mounting nut.
- Insert the mounting nut into the back end of the torch head. Turn, wiggle and push the nut until you feel it seat in the insert. The o-ring on the mounting nut will hold the nut in place.
NOTE: When the mounting nut is installed properly, the torch head will sit flat on any flat surface when turned upside down.
Properly installed mounting nut
Improperly installed mounting nut