Vital Communities logo
Vital Communities, a local nonprofit organization based in White River Junction, Vermont has been serving the 69 towns of the Upper Valley for the past 22 years. The HOPE Foundation is proud to support Vital Communities through both Associate volunteering opportunities and grant allocations.
What is Vital Communities?
Vital Communities brings people, organizations and towns together to create positive change on issues that matter in the Upper Valley. The organization acts as a facilitator working to achieve community-based solutions.
Vital Communities promotes behavioral change that supports sustainability and quality of life in the Upper Valley through several signature programs:
- Valley Food & Farm - works to improve access to local food and support local agriculture.
- Leadership Upper Valley (LUV) - a one year program to engage, educate and inspire leaders to serve their communities to their fullest potential
- Valley Quest - an award winning outdoor treasure hunt quest program celebrating our unique ecology and special places
- Local First Alliance - working to promote and support local businesses
- Energy and Transportation - moves the region toward energy independence including sustainable commuting options
How have Hypertherm and The HOPE Foundation contributed to Vital Communities?
Vital Communities and Hypertherm have a strong volunteer partnership with Associate engagement in both volunteering efforts and service on committees and at the board level. Several Hypertherm Associates have been sponsored for Leadership Upper Valley. Our Technical Publication team created a Valley Quest on the Hypertherm Trails in Hanover, NH, which we offered guided tours of during Earth day. The HOPE foundation has granted fiscal support to help Vital Communities to continue to grow and serve our community.
What are Hypertherm Associates saying about Leadership Upper Valley (LUV)?
“LUV is an engaging and empowering experience that will strengthen you as a community member such that you can strengthen our communities. It is time well-spent”.
- Gordon Ehret, Engineering Project Manager
“LUV allows you to understand the life of our communities holistically; to then challenge you to become an agent of change in them”.
- Anibal Sepulveda, Marketing Manager, North America
“LUV connected me to community issues at a deeper level than I ever imagined. It inspired me to be involved in solutions and not just wait for problems to be solved by others”.
- Stacey Chiocchio, Corporate Citizenship Manager