Hypertherm includes four specialized piercing routines for waterjet cutting.
- Dynamic (moving): Starts at the beginning of the part program and moves along the first segment at the pierce speed until the pierce time expires.
- Circular: Moves in a circular motion at the pierce speed until the pierce time expires.
- Wiggle: Moves back and forth in the direction of the first segment at the pierce speed until the pierce time expires.
- Stationary: Stays in the same location until the pierce time expires.
- These piercing routines, which are included in Hypertherm’s waterjet cut charts, can be automatically embedded in the part program (which allows switching between piercing types throughout the nest) or manually selected by the operator. All settings (time, displacement and speed) can be adjusted by the part program or the operator.
- The piercing techniques are programmed with a single line of code in the part program, simplifying part program readability.