The HOPE (Hypertherm Owners’ Philanthropic Endeavors) Foundation was founded in 2010 as a public grant-making nonprofit 501(c)(3) foundation to formalize the U.S.-based financial giving we had been doing for decades across a handful of focus areas. In New Hampshire, a dozen volunteer Associates, representing a cross-section of areas within our company, comprise the Upper Valley HOPE Team and make all grant allocation decisions on behalf of the Foundation. We have similar shared decision-making HOPE teams in all our regional offices, each serving their respective communities. The HOPE Foundation does not fund organizations that discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity.
We are applying PEAK Grantmaking inclusive grantmaking principles to remove barriers for our grantees to access funds.
The HOPE Foundation is committed to being transparent with our communities at large. Please review the 2020 foundation work in the most recent CSR report.
Enriching our Associate owner communities as a catalyst for collaboration and compassion, inspiring solutions for sustainable positive change.
Our HOPE Teams have awarded millions of dollars in grant support to hundreds of nonprofit organizations working on our shared mission of creating sustainable, positive change in the community and environment.
Everyone can thrive in a community where our Associate owners live and work.
Our guiding principles
- We ground everything we do in our mission and values.
- We strive to generate measurable and sustainable positive change.
- We believe in telling our stories, leading by example and inspiring others.
- We empower Associate owners.
- We work with compassion, pride and joy.
- We treat our community partners with respect. Always.
- We harness the power and responsibility of the funds entrusted to us. Every dollar matters.
- We explore and seek innovation through continuous improvement. We imagine possibilities.
- We respect teamwork and collaboration, embracing equity, diversity and inclusion.
Thank you donors
The HOPE Foundation Board and the Associates on the HOPE Team are deeply grateful for the public contributions to the Foundation. These donors share in our mission of creating sustainable, positive change in the community and environment.